AIA Continuing Education: LED Lighting Controls
May 27 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
A new registered AIA Introductory Course is being offered by Current: Led Lighting Controls, Course # CURAIA20ILLC. Attendees completing this 1 hour live course will be awarded 1 LU/HSW.
Businesses are just beginning the transition to LED lighting in the 5.6 million commercial buildings in the United States. While the immediate goal is energy efficiency, there are long-term implications that require a holistic approach. In this course we’ll explore the addition of sensors and control technologies enabling LED lighting to become an all-sensing network compiling data and adding analytics and insights required to drive additional productivity and efficiency. We’ll also look at energy management system that integrates data from the connected network with a building’s vital systems – such as HVAC, lighting and refrigeration – to deliver data intelligence and that can respond accordingly through controls in real time, enhancing long-term energy savings. Some systems are open platform that ensures limitless software and services opportunities through diverse partner ecosystems. This results in greater efficiency and productivity in commercial office and industrial settings and new revenue streams.
Subjects covered will include:
- Simple Control Solutions for LEDs and potential misapplications. Different PWM Dimmer types explained. Identifying the right wall dimmer for your dimming LED lamps
- Building Control Systems Sensors explained; sensor types, daylight harvesting and people counters.
- Commissioning including proper mounting locations, coverage choices and supply voltages.
- Wired and Wireless Control Examples and cost justification. Examples of wired, and wireless solutions are presented.
- Rebates (DLC) and software that can help identify local Utility programs
If you have any questions about the webinar, please contact Jessica Francis, Sr. Manager, Global Events & Training, at Jessica.Francis@gecurrent.com.