- This event has passed.
AIA Continuing Education: Industrial Lighting & Controls
April 15 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
A newly registered AIA Intermediate Course is being offered by Current: Industrial Lighting & Controls, Course # CURAIA20ILC. Attendees completing this 1 hour live course will be awarded 1 LU/HSW.
Industrial locations are rapidly moving toward LED lighting systems. This course discusses how the Industry movement is accelerating that change and expanding the purview of LED lighting systems to include connected controls, smart sensors & IoT solutions. Guidelines for light levels and lighting quality for various types of manufacturing facilities, based upon the recommendations of the IES (Illuminating Engineering Society), will be reviewed. Specific design considerations for applications such as hazardous environments, food processing, extreme ambient temperature ranges, and inspection lighting will also be discussed. Participants will learn how to evaluate LED systems versus non-LED systems based on lighting quality, quantity, economics and other performance metrics for an industrial environment
- Industrial Market Trends over time have gone to more online monitoring and IoT systems. Lighting technology has shifted to SSL given its superior life ratings, energy savings, elimination of mercury, etc.
- Industrial Lighting Application are defined and differentiated. Light Level recommendations and code are discussed as well as contrast ratios. Ambient Temperature limits are presented for LEDs and drivers as well as the International Ingres Protection Standard. UL844 Hazardous Location Luminaire Standard is explained.
- LED Industrial Solutions explores lighting applications for Ambient, Task and Specialty needs as well and an overview of inspection lighting. LED replacement lamps and their claimed equivalent size and performance will be reviewed.
- Retrofit Strategies & Lighting Design Example presented to provide insights into choosing the correct lighting for the application.
- Advanced Industrial Controls and their potential energy savings. Different Control strategies; stand alone, distributed, networked.
If you have any questions about the webinar, please contact Jessica Francis, Sr. Manager, Global Events & Training, at Jessica.Francis@gecurrent.com.